A leading managed service provider headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ has immediate openings for a qualified Network Engineer.
The positions will be responsible for supporting our customers throughout the Phoenix metro area with network related issues and projects. The position is best described as a Jack of all Trades and requires a broad skill set.
Candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in the following technologies
Windows Server 2000/2003, Small Business Server
Active Directory (Diagnose / Repair)
Group Policy Setup and administration
Microsoft Exchange 2003 (Installation / Maintenance / Disaster Recovery)
IIS (Installation / Maintenance)
Symantec Backup Exec / Enterprise AV
Trend Micro Enterprise AV
HP / Compaq /IBM/ Dell Servers
Cisco PIX Firewalls, routers, switches
Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
SAN and NAS devices
Cisco VoIP experience a plus
Minimum 4+ years of System/ Network Engineering experience, w/2 years as a Network Manager
• Experience designing and implementing multiple site networks
• Excellent knowledge of Cisco Networks Switching and Routing Equipment
• Expert knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, particularly DNS and routing
• Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering and analysis.
• Conceptual knowledge of disaster recovery technologies, architecture solutions and methodologies
• Additionally strong knowledge of desktop, distributed server platforms, and software security also required
• Administering a LAN/WAN - TCP/IP environment using Windows/Exchange 2000 and 2003, including migrations to current OS and recovery from tape.
• Design, implementation, new Active Directory environments. Setup Group Policies
• Thorough knowledge of Desktop Operating Systems - Windows NT/2000/XP, including migrations.
• LAN/WAN connectivity through maintenance and troubleshooting of Cisco routers, switches, hubs, network cards, and dial up networking.
• Configure Layer 2/3 Cisco switches as well as Cisco routers.
• Configure Cisco PIX firewall
• Rebuilding servers and workstations.
• Network monitoring tools
• Understanding of SNMP and Syslog.
Successful candidate will be self-motivated.
Individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work under tight deadlines.
Ability and willingness to travel when required.
Must be results focused.
Strong customer service and follow-up skills (ownership spirit)
Great attention to detail
Professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to be a team player and develop strong customer relationships
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Candidate must have the following certifications:
Microsoft MCSE or MCSA 2000/2003 required
Cisco CCNA or CCDA required
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Windows 2000/2003 Server